📢 Welcome to the new Grey Muzzle website. We’d love your feedback.
Give Feedback
  • scruffy black dog sitting on a person's lap

    Found House Interfaith Housing Network
    Funded in 2022 and 2023

    Established in 2014, the Pet Support Program is a pet shelter within Found House IHN’s Emergency Shelter. It provides a coordinated care network for people and pets experiencing homelessness or other related crises to keep people and their pets safe and together. People have the best outcomes when they can keep their support systems and families intact, staying connected to beloved pets that offer companionship, emotional support, and other health benefits. Animals are best served by staying with humans they love and avoiding surrender to shelters. In 2022, Found House IHN’s Pet Support Program cared for 170 dogs, cats, and small companion pets, 80% of whom were reunited  with their owners once they found affordable pet-friendly housing, with the remaining 20% placed in loving new homes. 

    Support from Grey Muzzle will allow the Pet Support Program at Found House Interfaith Housing Network (Found House IHN) to improve the health of senior dogs whose guardians are experiencing homelessness or other related crises. Low-income clients on the verge of homelessness frequently cannot afford needed veterinary care, such as vaccines and dental cleanings. Grey Muzzle funding will help cover these expenses for senior dogs like Scruffy.  During Scruffy’s stay at Found House IHN, he received a medical check-up and vaccines. Scruffy and his owner reunited after finding stable, affordable, pet-friendly housing. When asked about the Pet Support Program, Scruffy’s owner commented, “My fur baby was so loved by them and well cared for. I don’t  know what I would’ve done without them.”