Role Summary: Volunteer photographers provide Grey Muzzle with images for a range of promotional media use. You should have access to and ability to use a DSLR camera to produce high-quality images for web publication.
- Taking portrait and candid shots of senior dogs and people at shelters, your personal animals or those of friends/co-workers
- Getting relevant publicity release agreements signed at the time photographs are taken
- Using Adobe Photoshop (or other photo editing platform) for a variety of purposes such as resizing, image retouching or manipulation
- Advanced skills in photography as well as photo editing
- Knowledge of the benefits of different file types
- Ability to take direction on photo needs from Grey Muzzle staff
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be compassionate and caring when photographing people and pets
- Skills in listening and communicating
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities
- Affinity for senior dogs
- Ability to represent The Grey Muzzle Organization professionally
Training: All volunteers receive an overview and orientation about Grey Muzzle and will be given a staff point of contact with regular opportunities to discuss their work.
Availability: Volunteer photographers are an on-call and as-needed position. Grey Muzzle staff will reach out with photo requests - there is no weekly time commitment. Additionally, if you are out taking photos relevant to Grey Muzzle and our work, you may submit them at any time and they will be stored in a media library for future use.
Additional Information: You retain ownership and all rights to your photograph. However, by volunteering your time and talent to The Grey Muzzle Organization, you grant Grey Muzzle permission, royalty-free, to publish submitted photos on our website and social media and to reproduce images for outreach and promotional purposes only. Any photograph published or reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Grey Muzzle Organization will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
Main Contact: Abby Ouimet, marketing/communications manager, email@example.com