We envision a world where no old dog dies alone and afraid.
The Grey Muzzle Organization improves the lives of at-risk senior dogs by providing funding and resources to animal shelters, rescue organizations, sanctuaries, and other non-profit groups nationwide.
- We believe old dogs contribute positively to our quality of life and have much to teach us about patience, respect, responsibility, loyalty and unconditional love.
- We believe every senior dog deserves to live out their golden years, months, weeks or even days in a place of love, security and peace.
- We believe dogs are not a disposable commodity; rather, they depend on us to care for them through all stages of their lives.
- We believe at times it is appropriate to make an end-of-life decision based on a deteriorating quality of life or if the dog is harmful to itself or others.
- We believe in working with diverse organizations from across the country that share our fundamental values.
- We believe in honest and open decision making that allows us to be accountable to our donors and the organizations we support.
- We believe in providing educational support, advocacy, and sharing of best practices for those who support senior dogs.