Role Summary: A volunteer videographer produces professional quality videos that convey a variety of stories about The Grey Muzzle Organization, senior dogs and related topics. Videos will be used in our fundraising, outreach and educational work. You must have your own equipment.
- Taking footage of senior dogs and people at shelters, your personal animals or those of friends/co-workers
- Getting relevant publicity release agreements signed at the time footage is taken
- Creating videos from still photographs
- Using film editing software to compile stills, footage, music, etc. into a comprehensive video story to be used by Grey Muzzle
- Advanced skills in videography as well as editing and effects
- Knowledge of storytelling, directing, etc.
- Ability to take direction on video needs from Grey Muzzle staff and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be compassionate and caring when shooting footage of people and pets
- Skills in listening and communicating
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities
- Affinity for senior dogs
- Ability to represent The Grey Muzzle Organization professionally
Training: All volunteers receive an overview and orientation about Grey Muzzle and will be given a staff point of contact with regular opportunities to discuss their work.
Availability: Volunteer videographers are an on-call and as-needed position. You can expect to be asked to work on a Grey Muzzle video two to three times per year. Additionally, if you have short video clips that you think are relevant to Grey Muzzle and our work, you may submit them at any time and they will be stored in a media library for future use.
Additional Information: You retain ownership and all rights to your footage and content. However, by volunteering your time and talent to The Grey Muzzle Organization, you grant Grey Muzzle permission, royalty-free, to publish and promote commissioned videos on our website and social media and to reproduce content for outreach and promotional purposes only. Any content published or reproduced will include videographer credit. The Grey Muzzle Organization will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
Main Contact: Abby Ouimet, marketing/communications manager, [email protected]