Position Title: Finance Manager
Oversee GMO’s accounting, financial controls and financial reporting functions, reporting to the Treasurer of the Board of Directors.
Estimated Time Commitment:
5-10 hours per week
- At the request of Board, attend all Board meetings and maintain a current knowledge of the organization, its programs, Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
- Respect confidentiality of donor and organization information.
- Ensure that GMO is a good steward of all donations and contributions and operates in accord with its tax-exempt status.
- Responsible for the integrity of all financial information.
- Respond promptly to information requests or questions from Board members, GMO Staff, auditors, and grantees.
- Responsible for supervision of accounting staff; involved in interviewing various accounting staff, as needed.
- Perform monthly reviews of bookkeeper’s work.
- Possess knowledge of accounting practices, tax laws, and fiscal record keeping, including as they relate to non-profit organizations.
- Signatory for all bank accounts and issues and signs all checks. Grant access to and manage bank and credit accounts. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s holdings and assets.
- Review the monthly account records, monitoring income and expenditures, and prepare a monthly financial report for the Board.
- Responsible for coordination with CPA firm to ensure the preparation and completion of annual tax filing (IRS Form 990).
- Oversee the annual audit of the organization, providing necessary documents, answering questions and serving as principal contact person through the entire process.
- Develop an annual budget for Board review and approval.Monitors budget throughout the year.
- Additional hours may be required during June (grant check disbursement), July (creation and approval of the annual budget) and July/August (fiscal year-end tax filing & audit).
Desired Skills & Experience:
5+ years experience in accounting; non-profit experience desirable
Experience with Quickbooks, Neon, Payroll Taxes & SharePoint
Individual may be subject to background and/or credit check.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Jenny Kachnic.